Galmington Dragons FC acheived The FA Charter Standard Development Club Accreditation in February 2010 and has recently won the Somerset FA Chartered Standard Development Club of the Year award for Season 2010/2011.
The FA formally recognises this club as one that is not only committed to raising standards throughout grassroots football but also a club that has aspirations to further develop itself over the next three to five years.
The FA is very proud of its FA Charter Standard Development Clubs and understand and appreciates the work and committment required to acheive this level of accreditation.
This season Galmington Dragons FC has teams in all age groups from Under 6's up to Under 16's, along with a girls and a cadets/men's team. The Under 5's start early February each year to introduce them to the fundamentals of football, movement with the emphasis on enjoyment.
Galmington Dragons aims to provide:
- an excellent, safe opportunity for young people in our community, irrespective of their age, ability, sex, religion or ethnic background, to develop their personal skills, confidence and self-esteem through a shared love of football
- To encourage players and coaches to constantly strive to develop their own sporting and personal potential within the game
- To encourage all members to help maintain the highest standards in all areas of their lives both on and off the pitch
- To help establish a secure club for the future through a selfless sense of civic duty which in turn can provide a benefit through its contribution to and as a role model for our broader society
- And finally, through all our best endeavours, to make the ball, without which there would be no game, happy!